Sunday, June 21, 2009

Chilli padi twins

Since it was Fathers' Day today and I hadn't had time to get the twins to make Packrat a present, I decided to go out and buy him breakfast. Of course, when it came to eating it, he had to share it. Not with me although dry mee pok noodles with chilli is one of my favourite noodles dishes. He had to share it with the twins who apparently share in my Peranakan ability to take chilli.




As you can see, they're eating with gusto. Jordan ate more than Evan and declared it good several times. If you didn't catch it in the video, Evan pronounces the noodles "hot hot day". I guess it's the only "hot" he knows.

Of course, after that, both exclaimed a little at the burning sensation on the tongue and were given copious amounts of water and prunes to extinguish the fiery taste in their mouth. They did however try to return for seconds.

Strangely enough, I'm extremely proud of them. Don't anyone out there report me for child abuse please! I didn't intentionally smear their mouths with chilli and you can't blame me if my two year olds are a tad masochistic!

Technorati Tags: , ,

1 comments:

  1. Oh my god! Watching them eat made me drool for meepok-ta myself... However, we can't get them here unless I make them myself... :-(

    YY.

    ReplyDelete